SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AND DEPLOYMENT
User client software
MODES-Centre client provides a user interface to MODES-Centre for the electricity and power market participant.
Administrator and Developer client software
- MODES-Centre configurator
- Validation rules and calculations editor
- Centralized MODES-Centre request processing service
- SO UPS gateway interaction service
- Service for import of planned schedules from CK-2007
- Requests shifting service
MODES-Centre is designed for distributed performance in TCP/IP network. There is no technical limit to the number of client connections to the server. The database can be located on a shared server which is running the server components or on a separate server.
MODES-Centre supports two modes of authorization:
- Integration with MS Active Directory, with an appropriate network infrastructure
- Local authentication
The client part of the software is running under Microsoft Windows 7/XP.
The server part can be deployed on a single server or in a cluster configuration. Depending on this, the operating system is Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 Server Standard or Enterprise respectively
MODES-Center uses Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise as DBMS.
All complex software can run on both 32 and 64-bit platform.
Requirements to server hardware depend on selected configuration and planned number of concurrent MODES-Centre users.
Client workstations must provide satisfactory performance under operating systems Windows XP or Windows 7.